Form One selection will kick off in two weeks’ time once education CS professor George Magoha releases 2021 KCPE results.
Yesterday CS Magoha notified the public that marking of 2021 KCPE examinations which were concluded yesterday is on and the result will be ready in two weeks time.
Usually, the moment examination result is out, and selection process is done and each student can check the school he or she is admitted through logging in to the website: http://www.education.go.ke/.
Alternatively, the candidate can check the secondary school admitted by sending SMS with Index Number to 22263 from any network. Cost of SMS is KShs 25.
The admission letter that shall be downloaded from the website will have the following common details and joining instructions:
Details on the form one admission letters:
- All the admission letters bear the Ministry of Education’s letter head; The letter contains the Education Ministry’s logo and head.
- Name of the student, Index number and Sub County,
- School admitted to (The Secondary school where the student has been placed),
- Reporting date; Which is in may, 2022 .
- Former primary school’s details; the letter must be stamped by the head teacher, A disclaimer on the letter reads; “This letter will be authenticated on being duly certified by the primary school head complete with a certified copy of birth certificate and finally confirmed by the admitting principal. The letter is issued without any erasure or alteration and cannot be changed through any form of endorsement whatsoever; utterance of false documents is an offence punishable by law.”
- The 2022 fee guidelines from the Ministry (The letter gives fees directions thus; “The maximum fees payable per year is detailed in the attached schedule, do confirm the category of your school before making any payment.”)
- Parents/ Guardians expected to go to schools where their kids have been placed to pick further joining instructions and requirements. (“Urgently get in touch with your new principal at the above school for admission requirements,” says the admission letter from the Ministry.)
Other details that learners would get from the selected school include:
- Uniform descriptions,
- Boarding requirements; mattresses, blankets, e.t.c
- Any books’ requirements and
- Other personal effects as may be prescribed by individual schools.
The Government has insisted on its resolve to ensure 100 percent transition from Primary to secondary schools. Consequently, all the 2021 KCPE candidates will get places at preferred secondary schools.
Checklist during Form 1 Admission
- A letter of introduction from either the Chief of your area, the pastor or the Father-in-Charge of your Parish / Mission.
- A letter of introduction from former Primary School Headteacher.
- A certified copy of result slip for K.C. P.E. Examination.
- A certified copy of your BIRTH CERTIFICATE or document to prove your date of birth.
- Two Passport Size Photos.
- Photocopy of the I.D.s’ of parent(s)/ guardian.
- A medical certificate (Fill in the provided medical form MHS/A/3).
BOOKS & OTHER CURRICULUM MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible (Revised Standard Version).
- Geometrical Set
- Mathematical table
As specified by individual secondary school
Each student is expected have the following:
A pair of shoes (“Toughees”).
A pair of sports shoes
6 white Under-wears and 6 white Vests
Toilet and washing soap
Toothbrush and toothpaste
A plate and a spoon
A ¼ litre cup (standard size)
A bucket, 2 rubber squizzers & a slasher
Trunk (strong lockable metal box) and 2 padlocks
Fees payment bank slip