The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) will soon open the 2021/22 undergraduate first time loan application. All students placed by KUCCPS and those who are joining both public and private universities as self-sponsored students are free to apply for the funds which greatly supplement tuition fee.
All Kenyan students admitted to any chartered university recognized by Commission for University Education ,(CUE) both in Kenya and East Africa Community qualify for HELB loan.
- Valid applicant national ID card
- KRA pin
- Copy of parents ID cards/Death certificate(if deceased)
- Bank account details(account No)
- Functional Email address
- Working mobile phone number
- Copy of ID cards of three people who will act as guarantors(*Remembers its a loan)
- All academic details(primary and secondary)
Below is the Procedure for application
- On a browser like chrome, visit the HELB website http://www.helb.co.ke to access the student portal
- While on the students portal register ,create and activate your account(strictly use applicants phone number)
- On the portal navigate to loan application tab, click on it and select “2021/2022 undergraduate first time application.”
- Without skipping any step, honestly fill accurate information in the following segments;-(Education background, University admitted, Parents data ,Family expenses, guarantors and bank details.)
- Read and comprehend the financial literacy guide which will display after submission of the details above. You will attempt a short financial literacy quiz.
- Keenly go through the information in the online application before final submission for printing.
- Print a copy of the duly filled form which should be manually filled ,signed and stamped by authorities like; a magistrate, religious leader and a chief .
- Read, understand and accept terms and conditions at the back of the form by appending your signature.
- Ensure you attach all support documents as prompted in the form.
- Present a copy of the form to HELB desk in any Huduma center offices countrywide. You can as well drop the form at Anniversary towers, student service center, Mezzanine 1-University way, Nairobi.
- You will receive an email or SMS to verify application, allocation and disbursement of the loan.
HELB services are free of charge. Applicants should be aware of fraudsters who claim to be HELB officials.
For any assistance