You Might Also Like
KDF Advertises 2023 Mass Recruitment ; How to Apply
The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) has announced a 2023 mass recruiting drive for a variety of positions, inviting applicants to join as tradesmen/women, constables, general duty recruits, specialised officers, and general service officer (GSO) cadets.
It is planned that the hiring procedure will happen in August and September of 2023.
Candidates must satisfy certain general requirements and academic requirements in order to be recruited for the KDF:
Conditions General For KDF Recruitment 2023
- having only one citizenship, that of Kenya.
- have four copies of the ID and PIN certificates, together with a valid Kenyan ID.
- meet the age requirements, which for GSO cadets, regular duty recruits, and tradespeople/women with certificates/government trade tests range from 18 to 26 years. For specialized officers, diploma-holding tradespeople/women, and chaplains/imams, the age limit is not to exceed 30.
- being in good health and meeting KDF criteria.
- own a clean criminal record.
- meet the minimal weight and height standards, which differ for men and women.
During recruitment and training, pregnant female candidates are not permitted.
Minimum academic requirements
- A minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in the KCSE is required for general service officer (GSO) cadets, along with C+s in English, mathematics, and one science subject.
- Three years will be spent in training for this group, and the end result will be a BSc in Military Science and Security Studies
- Undergraduate degree holders who are General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets:
- must fulfill the prerequisites listed above for GSO Cadets and possess an undergraduate degree in any pertinent discipline from an accredited university or institution.
For this category, there will be an eleven-month training session.
Specialist Officers: All applicants must complete the GSO Cadet standards, with the exception of chaplains and imams, who need to have at least a C+ on the KCSE.
- must be registered with a regulatory or legislative agency in the appropriate discipline and possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited university or institution.
- Specialist officers will undergo six months of training.
Servicemen/women Regular Duty Recruits: KCSE mean grade of D (Plain) or higher is required.
Prospective candidates must meet a number of requirements, including having the necessary academic credentials and certifications.
Candidates having an honorable discharge certificate and a retired status from the Kenya Defence Forces or the National Youth Service are both eligible.
Application Procedure For KDF Recruitment 2023
The Assistant Chief of the Defence Forces (Personnel and Logistics), Ministry of Defence, Defence Headquarters, Ulinzi House, P.O. Box 40668 – 00100, Nairobi, should receive comprehensive CVs from interested candidates that include their height and weight as well as clear photocopies of any pertinent academic or professional membership certificates.
Applications for specialist officers and tradespeople/women must be at the addressee by August 2, 2023, at the latest.
Candidates who have been shortlisted will be notified via print media between September 17 and September 24, 2023.
In order to conduct the recruitment for GSO Cadets, General Service Officer Cadets with an undergraduate degree, General Duty Recruits, and Defence Forces Constables, the KDF recruiting teams—composed of the Kenya Army, Kenya Air Force, and Kenya Navy—will visit recruitment centers in every sub-county.
The KDF issued a strong warning against corruption and bribery, noting that such behavior is forbidden. Anyone detected using forged or false documentation or engaging in unethical behavior during the hiring process will be detained and prosecuted.
The military warned all aspiring applicants to avoid falling for con artists and emphasized that nobody could rig the application process.
Several residents have fallen victim to recruitment scams in the past, losing money, possessions, and their freedom